Gender Equality Policy
Gender Equality Policy aims to ensure that all women, men, girls and boys, LGBTI+ individuals who work and serve within the body of Smart Plus Eğitim ve Danışmanlık Hizmetleri İç ve Dış Ticaret Limited Şirketi (Smart Plus) and its branches have access to equal opportunities and resources, and are treated equally. demonstrates its commitment to set minimum standards and mechanisms based on national and international treaties and documents to ensure their existence in a peaceful environment.
Smart Plus Eğitim ve Danışmanlık Hizmetleri İç ve Dış Ticaret Limited Şirketi keeps human dignity and reputation at the center of its work. By adopting a gender equality approach, the company is obliged to provide an environment in which all its employees and people it provides services can coexist in a safe and peaceful way. With this policy, it expects its employees to adopt this commitment, work with the awareness of their responsibilities to their colleagues and service providers, and maintain a safe, egalitarian and peaceful working environment.
Smart Plus Eğitim ve Danışmanlık Hizmetleri İç ve Dış Ticaret Limited Şirketi incorporates a gender-sensitive and human rights-based approach into corporate and humanitarian aid actions; It creates a basis for coexistence, including all women, men, girls and boys, LGBTI+ individuals, communities affected by disaster and conflict, and humanitarian aid workers. With the principle of non-discrimination for the company, its employees and the people it provides services; Being aware of the diversity such as race, gender, color, language, religion, belief, political opinion, origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, medical condition, marital status, age, it is committed to providing equal opportunities to everyone. The company also provides services to its employees and people; considers the diversity of experiences among women, girls, men, boys, LGBTI+ individuals and other vulnerable groups and the different forms of gender-based influence; conducts studies based on gender equality.
Smart Plus Eğitim ve Danışmanlık Hizmetleri İç ve Dış Ticaret Limited Şirketi observes the well-being of its employees in accordance with its working principles. In order to protect the health and well-being of its employees, it takes care to create working environments by considering the gender-based needs and sensitivities of its employees. The Company observes the differences and gender-based sensitivities of the people it serves in all areas of life; strengthens the capabilities of the institution to create environments where they can make their own decisions and develop themselves, and aim to contribute to sustainable development and peace.
Smart Plus Eğitim ve Danışmanlık Hizmetleri İç ve Dış Ticaret Limited Şirketi prioritizes and executes programs and projects aiming at empowering women and girls and gender equality in its services. It pays attention to the mainstreaming of gender in its programs, even when it cannot carry out projects and programs aimed at the empowerment of women and girls. Ensuring the safety of its employees and service providers while running its programs and services is its top priority; prohibits any action or inaction that may intentionally or unintentionally expose them to gender-based violence and takes measures to reduce the potential risks of vulnerability.
Smart Plus Eğitim ve Danışmanlık Hizmetleri İç ve Dış Ticaret Limited Şirketi Board of Directors accepts ensuring gender equality in all structures and operations of the organization as a prerequisite. It undertakes to carry out programs with a working approach that ensures the safety of its employees and those it provides services, respects gender-based differences, and ensures that they have access to equal resources and opportunities for the development of their well-being within the framework of basic human rights. In order to strengthen the institutional capacity on gender equality with a holistic approach, it ensures that the needs and demands of all employees and service providers are periodically evaluated and works are carried out. The Board of Directors ensures that gender-sensitive budget planning is carried out regarding the studies to be carried out, the projects to be prepared and the programs carried out for the development of gender equality; ensures that some of the resources are allocated for this purpose in the fund development process.
All persons covered by this policy undertake to read, understand and abide by this policy in both their professional and private lives. Any action or inaction that may lead to any form of gender-based violence, including sexual exploitation, abuse, harassment and mobbing, is expressly prohibited to all members, partners and visitors of the Company. Such persons are expected to act in accordance with the commitments and obligations in this policy.
Smart Plus Eğitim ve Danışmanlık Hizmetleri İç ve Dış Ticaret Limited Şirketi Gender Equality Policy was accepted at the Board of Directors Meeting dated 01.09.2022 with the decision number 03/2022.
• Supporting the gender equality approach internally as a minimum standard;
• To create a corporate culture that prioritizes the safety of women and LGBTI+ individuals and feels respected;
• To eliminate gender-based discriminatory attitudes, behaviors and discourses within the institution and to strengthen communication sensitive to gender equality;
• To design and implement programs that serve to achieve gender equality for the empowerment of women and girls in sectoral priorities;
• To support the participation of women and LGBTI+ individuals by considering gender balance and gender diversity in all departments, management levels and occupational groups;
• To create a safe space for women and girls in their services, projects and activities and to serve with this approach;
• To ensure that the development, implementation and evaluation processes of services and projects are carried out by considering the gender equality approach;
• Ensure that women, men, girls and boys are provided with inclusive services to strengthen their access to services and their capacities, recognizing the different ways in which they are affected, their special needs and experiences, by ensuring regular gender analysis in the gender mainstreaming process;
• To increase the knowledge and equipment of employees in order to carry out programs, projects and activities targeting gender equality;